Lives and works between Barcelona and Bogotá. He holds a BA in Telecommunications Enginee- ring, a BA in Audiovisual Communication and an MSc in Interactive Media.
He is a co-founder of the production company GusanoFilms based in Barcelona and Bogota, as a filmmaker, he has directed several films like “BAGATELA” (Best Documentary film DDHH BAFICI Argentina, Feisal Prize Guadalajara Film Festival…) “BIRTH” (Best film L’Alternativa Barcelona, Best film UNASUR Argentina, best documentary film Latin America TV public network…), “PA-TIENT” (Best Director Cartagena international film festival, jury prize Guadalajara Film Festival, best director Malaga film festival, Signis Prize Cinema Reencontrés Toulouse, Best Film latitudes Docs- Barcelona …)
His films have been selected in very prestigious film festivals around the world like IDFA Amster- dam, Cinema Du Reel Paris, Visions Du Reel Nyon, Biarritz, Thessaloniki Greece, IFF Oslo or Munich among others. He has won two times the national documenary award in Colombia.
He is also the lecturer and coordinator of expanded documentary at the Master’s Degree in Theory and Practice of Creative Documentary of the Autonomous University of Barcelona. He also teaches in some universities and Latin American film festivals like Universidad del Valle Colombia, DOCSDF Mexico, Ambulante Film Festival Mexico, Cartagena Film Festival, EICTV Cuba or the Ecuador Cinema National Council.
He has developed interactive and transmedia projects like “PATIENT”, “The borders” made with the Art for Change grant by “la Caixa”, Spain; or “Speech Success”, winner of the Haiku call made by the broadcasters NFB Canadá and Arte Francia.
He has worked as a producer for several broadcasters like DOCTV, Señal Colombia, TV Catalonia Network or Discovery Channel, as well as advertisements and museum projects fordifferent cen- tres in Spain.
Featured filmography (As a director):
- Ximenéz, 2018 (Fiction feature film in development)
- VR Automatic System, 2017. (Automatic narration system for VR)
- BogotaX 2017. (Winner of the Cinemateca Colombia New Media Scholarship. Project in VR)
- Bagatela, 2009 (Documentary Feature Film) Colombia
- Nacer, 2012 (Documentary Feature Film) Colombia
- Paciente, 2016 (Documentary feature film transmedia) Colombia
- La paradoja de Arrow, 2009 (Animation short film) España
- Diario del último hombre, 2012 (Animation series) España
- Las Fronteras, 2014 (Webdoc) España
Featured filmography (As producer):
- El Síndrome de los Quietos. (Winner of the FDC Colombia 2017 call for proposals). Directed by Elías León Siminiani
- Robin Bank o Manual para expropiar bancos (In development). Directed by Anna Giralt.
- Del otro lado. (Winner of the FDC Colombia 2017).Directed by Iván Guarnizo.
- Vogulys (Winner of the DOCTV Colombia 2015).Directed by Lukas Jaramillo.
- El protector de delfines (Discovery Channel 2015).Directed by Lukas Jaramillo
- Urwalder (Winner of the FDC 2014 In co-production with Playtime Barcelona). Directed by Nina Bendzko.