The Master’s programme is structured in two lines of study: a theoretical one (which includes modules I and II) and a practical one (modules III and IV), which begin in parallel from the beginning of the course.
– Modules I and II consist of master classes of 4 hours each session.
– Lessons run from October to March, Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 8 pm..
– Mostly taught by professors who are doctors, not only from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) but also from other universities.
– These theoretical modules are a fundamental part of the training and bring the student closer to the different documentary forms, their historical evolution and their aesthetic options. With the acquired knowledge, students base their decisions on practical modules.
– Some sessions will be accompanied by a screening that will begin at 3 pm in the same classroom where the class will take place.
– The space where take place is Casa Convalescència – UAB.
Click on each of the subjects and a drop-down menu will open with all the information about them.
MODULE I.A: HISTORY, METHODS & GENRES
→ General history of documentary cinema I (Esteve Riambau)
→ General history of documentary cinema II (Josetxo Cerdán)
→ Introduction to the theoretical aspect of documentaries (Quim Puig)
→ Observational Cinema (Ricardo Íscar)
→ The documentary of the self (Hanna Hatzmann)
→ Film essay (Josep Maria Català)
→ Documentary cinema and (post)memories (Laia Quílez)
→ Found footage and remixing (Ingrid Guardiola)
→ Post documentary (Miguel F. Labayen)
→ Latin American documentary (Mirito Torreiro)
→ Neorealisim and no fiction (Ludovico Longhi)
MÓDULO II.A: TRANSVERSALIDADES
→ Documentary practices and feminist theories (Marta Selva)
→ Video, photography and documentary journalistic (Nuria Araüna)
→ Docu-fiction (María Luisa Ortega)
→ Performativity in no fiction cinema: theater and other influences (Carlota Frisón)
→ Ethnographic documentary (Jorge Grau Rebollo)
→ Photographic and documentary essay (Santos Zunzunegui)
→ From oral testimony to filmed testimony (Vicente Sánchez-Biosca)
→ Humor as a goal or as a side effect un documentary cinema (Jorge Tur Moltó)
MÓDULO II.B: DIFFUSION
→ The spectator and consumption of documentary cinema (Philippe Meers)
→ Television and new platforms (Virginia Luzón)
→ Museums (Carlos Guerra)
→ Documentary film festivals in global culture (Gonzalo de Pedro)
ENCOUNTERS WITH FILMMAKERS IN 21st INTAKE
→ Carolina Astudillo (Inaugural class – Poetics of the image found: a double destiny), Andrés Duque, Germán Scelso, María Escobedo – Livemedia y Taller Estampa (Augmenting realities – Schools Session Festival L’Alternativa)