The Master’s programme is structured in two lines of study: a theoretical one (which includes modules I and II) and a practical one (modules III and IV), which begin in parallel from the beginning of the course.
– Modules I and II consist of master classes of 4 hours each session.
– Lessons run from October to March, Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 8 pm..
– Mostly taught by professors who are doctors, not only from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) but also from other universities.
– These theoretical modules are a fundamental part of the training and bring the student closer to the different documentary forms, their historical evolution and their aesthetic options. With the acquired knowledge, students base their decisions on practical modules.
– Some sessions will be accompanied by a screening that will begin at 3 pm in the same classroom where the class will take place.
– The space where take place is Casa Convalescència – UAB.
Click on each of the subjects and a drop-down menu will open with all the information about them.
MODULE I.A: HISTORY, METHODS & GENRES
→ Introduction to the theoretical aspect of documentaries (Quim Puig)
→ General history of documentary cinema (Esteve Riambau)
→ History of the Spanish documentary (Josetxo Cerdán)
→ Latin American documentary (Mirito Torreiro)
→ Observational Cinema (Ricardo Íscar)
→ The documentary of the self (Hanna Hatzmann)
→ Film essay (Josep Maria Català & Andrés Duque)
→ Found footage and remixing (Ingrid Guardiola)
MÓDULO II.A: TRANSVERSALIDADES
→ Documentary practices and feminist theories (Marta Selva)
→ Video, photography and documentary journalistic (Virginia Luzón)
→ Performativity in no fiction cinema: theater and other influences (Carlota Frisón)
→ Documentary cinema and (post)memories (Laia Quílez)
→ Ethnographic documentary (Jordi Grau)
→ Humor as a goal or as a side effect un documentary cinema (Jorge Tur Moltó)
MÓDULO II.B: DIFFUSION
→ Television and new platforms (Núria Araüna Baró)
→ Museums (Carlos Guerra)
→ Documentary film festivals in global culture (Jorge Tur Moltó)
ENCUENTROS CON CINEASTAS